Bristol Local School District
Home of the Panthers
1803, Alford Wolcott, a surveyor for the Connecticut Land
Company, received a parcel of land as payment for surveying an
area in Trumbull County of the Western Reserve.
On this land he erected a building and named the
township Bristol in honor of his former home in Bristol,
the next five years, many pioneer families moved from the East
Coast to the area. The people recognized the need for
schooling for their children; therefore, the first school was
started in 1810. The first school house was made of logs.
Its light came from the sun shinning through small windows of
the township grew, several one-room schoolhouses dotted the
township area. Near the end of the nineteenth century, a
limited program of secondary education was added; the first
students graduated in 1888. Centralization of township
school facilities came in 1915 and has continued as such to
the present time.
July 1988, a merger occurred with the Farmington Local School
District, which added an additional 400 students
to the Bristol Local School District. Today a full
comprehensive elementary, middle and high school are provided
for its pupils.
1845 Greenville Rd. NW, P.O. Box 260, Bristolville, OH 44402, 330-889-3882, fax 330-889-2529